Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus TRNC is an ideal holiday destination and every year attracts thousands of tourists seeking to enjoy its long summers, pristine natural environment and archaeological sites.
Despite the embargos imposed on the TRNC, there has been significant investment in the tourism industry due to increased demand. There are now 134 tourist facilities on the island, with a total bed capacity of 21,583¹. As one of the leading sectors in the TRNC economy, tourism constituted 8.7% of Gross National Product (GNP) in 2016 and tourist activities now represent a key area of economic growth.
The TRNC offers a range of activities for holiday makers to enjoy– these include sea tourism, yachting, mountaineering, water sports, golf, horse-riding, speleology, trekking, diving, festivals and fairs.
For more information:
- MINISTRY OF TOURISM AND ENVIROMENT
- TOURISM PROMOTION AND MARKETING DEPARTMENT
- MUSEUM AND RUINS
- TURKISH CYPRIOT TOURISM AND TRAVEL AGENCIES ASSOCIATION
- NORTH CYPRUS HOTELİER ASSOCİATİON
- ASSOCIATION OF CYPRUS TURKISH RESTAURANTS
- CYPRUS TURKISH GUIDES COOPERATION
(1) TRNC Tourism and Planning Department 2017 statistics.
(2) DPO 2016 Statistical Yearbook of Statistics.